What Casual Games Are You Playing Right Now, Continued

Here's the place to talk about all your favorite casual games.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: What Casual Games Are You Playing Right Now, Continued

Postby draclvr » Sun May 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Me too - loved both of them!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:14 am

I had a stressful few days, so I spent a bit of time this week just playing casual games on my iMac (in which I recently had to replace the hard drive, so I am deciding what to re-install:

Caribbean Mahjong (which has pleasant Calypso-style music)

and

Rainbow Web (which was one of my mother's favorite computer games)

and

Legend of Aladdin

and

Adventure Inlay Safari

and

Crystal Caliburn Pinball

and

Flip Words
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:06 am

I sure hope playing those games de-stressed you, Jude. I know that Diat plays Rainbow Web also.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:52 pm

I just downloaded a game: Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles from Big Fish. It's all visual puzzles but not your standard ones. The "sliders" are sliding slices of the puzzle either horizontally or vertically to form the picture. It's got nice music to it. When you start, you're basically working the same puzzle over and over in the tutorial. When you're ready, you can either choose one puzzle type at a time or you can go on a "quest" where the puzzle types alternate. My favorite puzzles are the pixels, where you are seeing blocks of color and as you place the "slices" where they need to be, the puzzle comes more and more into focus. Another one I like is where pieces of the puzzle are in blocks of various sizes. You need to get the pieces in the right size block where the piece comes into the right shape and focus, once you do, the picture emerges. I'm really enjoying it thus far.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm still trying to decide if I want to purchase this one. I played the demo and some of it I liked some of it I didn't.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
jenny
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby jenny » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:07 am

i just played last half of darkness through the billard room. I just love these kind of games. It was really short game, after so many years i donot know which game i should start. love to hear some recommendations :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:17 am

There are so many right now. What do you have for a computer? Some of the newer games are starting to require higher end hardware. The most recent new one I played was Barrow Hill The Dark Path. It's set in Cornwall during the fall equinox and was nicely creepy. If you like a good old adventure game with lots of good dialogue, I loved The Book of Unwritten Tales.

http://bout1.unwritten-tales.com/
jenny
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby jenny » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:22 am

I have a windows 8 on my laptop, I got some older games that i bought from gog.com so that they would work on my computer. Games like phantasmagoria, broken sword, 11th hour and the 7th guest are on my desktop
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:44 am

That's great... GOG is a good resource for getting older games to play on new systems. I don't play many casual games from places like Big Fish Games because I just find them too boring.
jenny
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby jenny » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:19 am

big fish! i find them all the same. I just looked at the GOG and I see there's a second part of black mirror.
I just loved the first one, very beautiful scenes. It would be a good start ...:) and creepy
jenny
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby jenny » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:21 am

oooooh there's a part 3 too haha, have i been away so long
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:22 am

So much fun to be had! You might want to post over in the Adventure Games forum subject and see if anyone else has some suggestions for you. I agree... Big Fish Games are so much the same thing all the time.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Jude » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am

I typed a long post and when I clicked "submit", it disappeared. :(

So, I hope this one gets posted okay...

Here is what I've played recently:

Uno Undercover -- it has a goofy connecting storyline which is fun, and it's relaxing to play.

Top Chef -- based on the TV show, I find it fun to mix weird combinations of ingredients, but the real-time aspect gets stressful at times. I have completed all the levels (although I had to redo a couple) except the last one, which I just can't seem to beat.

Elder Sign: Omens -- I recently purchased the in-game expansions and have found that they are much harder than the base game. I also like the board game version (Elder Sign).

Jewel Quest -- This is an archaeology-themed "match" game with pretty pieces. I started over from the beginning and stopped again before the real-time maps got too complicated and stressful.

Loony Labyrinth Pinball -- I love pinball, but I never get to play real machines anymore. Littlewing makes several interesting pinball games that I can play on my computer.

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction -- I am still addicted to playing Diablo II for nearly 17 years now! :D
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com

Return to “Casual Games”