Witcher TV series on Netflix

Discuss your viewing preferences here!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Witcher TV series on Netflix

Post by Kickaha » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:22 pm

As we have some fans of the Witcher games here just wondered if anyone had tried watching the new Netflix Witcher TV series.

I’ve seen the first two episodes, won’t say it breaks new ground, but it’s watchable.

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Re: Witcher TV series on Netflix

Post by draclvr » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Thank you for posting this, Kickaha. I'm very anxious to start watching this as I am a huge Witcher fan and have play all three of the games! I've heard mixed reviews from "OK" to "outstanding."
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Post by Kickaha » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:49 pm

I knew you were a Witcher enthusiast Draclvr! I’ve only just learnt that the Witcher TV series is jumping around in time, it was really not obvious to me that as you switch between characters (as in GOT) you’re also jumping backwards or forwards decades. I don’t know if the books do this, I’m not saying it’s bad, but the TV series doesn’t make it clear enough.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:11 pm

I know I've read people saying that it take awhile to figure out what's going on... Maybe not as bad as GOT, but close!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.