Rayman 2

If you need a hint or help with a game you are playing, this is the place to find it.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Rayman 2

Postby mbday630 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:18 pm

okay. will try that. I do have CC cleaner installed but haven't used it in a long time. will try that and let you know if it works. sure worth a shot.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:25 pm

You will probably have to update to the latest version.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:33 pm

First ran the old Ccleaner and it didn't work so then I did the upgrade and ran that and it still doesn't work. isn't that a puzzle that it ran before and now it doesn't??? I have been wracking, wrecking? racking? my brain all day trying to figure this out. and to top things off, my monitor for my windows 98 isn't working today so i can't play it on my old 98.

thanks for trying to help. if you think of anything else, please give me a yell.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Did you run it on the registry?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:30 pm

what does that mean, running it on the registry? I put the game in and clicked on play... from the beginning of the disk, and there is an icon on the desktop that I tried too... which is the icon that i have been playing with the compatibility modes...
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Did you run CCleaner on the registry after uninstalling the game? That's what's important to remove any traces of the pervious game installations.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:43 am

okay. will try that. I had the game installed when I ran the cleaner so will give that a go. thanks.

tried that and didn't work. according to my control panel/add and remove programs the last time i played it was on 1/7/12. so, I tried to do a system restore to that point but it said that it didn't change anything. i have now installed and uninstalled it about 20 times and can't get it running, so I am giving up. Thanks for all your help though. if I can get my windows 98 up and running I will try and play it on there.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 am

And make sure you have run it on the registry, not programs. The registry is where there will be stray entries from all your installations and uninstallation.

Another thing you can try is to install the game in Safe Mode. I had a game the I had to do that with. Another option is to try running the game after doing what's called a Clean Boot. Let me know if you want to try any of those options.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Phlebas!!! I got past that part! With this different computer, the game loaded up and I decided to play the game again. I got to that part and spent the better part of 20 minutes not getting anywhere, decided to look up your hints again (and copied them to word) and lo and behold I finally could jump to the other side. the trick was holding the forward arrow key and not hitting the A key too many times. I am not good with arrow keys. Thanks so much. Just wanted to let you know that your hints helped me!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Good for you, mbday! I take it you're having fun with your "new" old computer!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:57 pm

It is nice to play some of the games that I couldn't before.. which is crazy, as it is a window XP, same as the other one. with this one though, the graphics card must be different... I was playing Simon the Sorcerer 3D and the graphics would bounce all over the place. It was really hard to play. but, some good with it, some bad.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:18 pm

It probably has an ancient old video chip that some of the older games might like better. It won't have anything to do with it being XP, but more with it having old hardware.

Return to “RPG Game Hints & Help”