Remember Day of the Tentacle???

Check here for the lastest news in adventure gaming: New releases, publisher or developer info, or great buys.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Remember Day of the Tentacle???

Postby draclvr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Return of the Tentacle, a fan-made sequel has been released! It's getting some really good reviews. Free and available for the Mac, Linux and Windows. The developers have already released a couple of bug fixes, so they are paying attention to the players!!

"Return of the Tentacle - Prologue" is a fan project and the unofficial sequel to the iconic adventure game "Day of the Tentacle". Purple Tentacle is back and tries to conquer the world and enslave humanity once more. The three friends Bernard, Laverne and Hoagie make their way back to the mansion of the mad scientist Dr. Fred – time travel should help saving the world.

Hunt down megalomaniacal Tentacles, have bizarre conversations and solve crazy puzzles. Bernard, Hoagie and Laverne roam hand-drawn locations filled with elaborately animated characters and atmospheric music and sounds. We have done everything possible in order to capture the atmosphere and the humor of the old classic and carry it into the 21st Century.

Control the characters just like in the good old 2D adventure game era with your mouse. A modern interface awaits! Apart from familiar faces of the original game, you will also encounter guest appearances from characters that belong in other games.

https://catmic.itch.io/return-of-the-tentacle
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Remember Day of the Tentacle???

Postby Diat60 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm going to give it a try. Never played Day of the Tentacle, believe it or not, but certainly knew of it. I'll let you know my impressions.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Good! Please let us know. I know Winfrey said she really enjoyed it. I just don't have time right now.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:09 am

Have they managed to emulate the puzzle design of DoTT or just the look? I have to know! It's likely to be some time before I'd get a chance to play it, but I'm downloading it right now just in case it gets C&D-ed.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:19 am

I have no idea! I never played the original and haven't downloaded this one either. Just don't have time for gaming right now.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:04 pm

Thanks Draclvr! Shows how much these games are loved!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:52 am

I tried it but it wasn't for me. Too much back and fro-ing and way too much dialogue. Admittedly the puzzles I managed to solve were clever, but in the long run I just didn't have the patience to finish. I know, I know, instant gratification - childish but then I'm in my second childhood!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:58 am

That's good to know, Diat. I too am not a fan of a lot of to'ing and fro'ing. I know it was sacrilege, but that was one of the reasons I didn't care for The Longest Journey that much.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:31 am

Ah, but The Longest Journey was worth playing just to watch what's her name climbing stairs!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:15 am

I don't remember that! What did she do? April wasn't it?
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:25 am

I loved The Longest Journey...although there was a lot of reading and to'ing and fro'ing. I thought it would have made a great movie!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:56 pm

I got the wrong game, it was Syberia where it was so funny to watch Kate Walker climb stairs. She'd run like the wind then stop and climb like some arthritic 80 year old. BTW, I'm not poking fun at 80 year olds, I'm almost there myself. (Let me tell you about my hips!)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Ah, yes! I remember Kate walking like me! There there was A Vampyre story where I couldn't get enough of watching Mona walking around - especially up stairs.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:39 pm

There is a lot of back and forth with this game... but I did like it. I'll put up with it as long as I am enjoying the game and the puzzles are good... they were enough for me to want to play the game when it comes out. What I don't like is endless talking without much action.
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]

Return to “Latest News”