Jigsaw puzzles

Stop here to play or post perplexing puzzles of all persuasions!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Re: Jigsaw puzzles

Post by draclvr » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:31 pm

That's pretty impressive, Jude! 70 puzzles with only one not complete!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:57 pm

You made a good start on 2020, Jude. That tropical fish one would have driven me a bit batty, but the dinosaur one looks fun to do.

My sister is working on her 4th jigsaw puzzle since the new year. She finished two funny ones by CEACO with 550 pieces. The first is Pets Rock, a funny one with dogs dressed as Einstein, Andy Warhol, Michael Jackson, and Elvis, a cat like Audrey Hepburn, and a rabbit like Harry Potter. The second, Beach Party, shows dogs partying in Hawaii. She was working on the 1000-piece Hummingbird Garden by Buffalo, a pretty and very colorful scene chock full of hummers, flowers, and butterflies, when I got home from London last Sunday. Yesterday she started a new one with 1000 pieces called Country Bridge by Vista, which has a thatched roof cottage, a stone bridge, and swans.

I haven't been able to help my sis much with this new one because I had a procedure yesterday that smooths out the irregularities on my cornea. I'm wearing a contact lens until the cornea heals, but the eye is teary, which blurs my vision. (Please excuse any typos here for the same reason.)
I'm not lazy. I'm on energy save mode.

Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by Jude » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:34 pm

I hope that your vision clears up soon, LadyKestrel. Best wishes!

I've seen those Ceaco puzzles and they are pretty funny, as are the "selfie" puzzles. I am on their emailing list because I enjoy building their puzzles and sometimes they have good sales (and free shipping over $50 -- it used to be at $35, which was even better).

The fish panoramic puzzle I built was only 101 pieces, which made it do-able for me. I wouldn't even attempt it at 1000 pieces! 1000-piece puzzles, for me, need to have a lot of little details (although I own a few that don't, that I got before I knew better, that now look to be almost impossible!).
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:12 pm

No typos, LadyK! How long is the teariness and blurred vision supposed to last? I'm sure the tears are a good thing while it heals.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:27 am

Jude,
After putting together the border of a 1000-piece puzzle, my sister always says, "This one is too hard!" However, within half a day she has made a good start. She's best at finding like pieces to assemble, and I'm good at finding where they attach to the rest.

Drac,
I will see the doctor again on Tuesday. Hopefully, the eye will be healed enough to remove the contact lens, although I'll probably have to continue with the steroid and antibiotic drops for the rest of the week. The goal is to improve my vision in this eye, so fingers crossed it works.
I'm not lazy. I'm on energy save mode.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:46 am

I hope it works!