Windows 10 Pro License Discount

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Re: Windows 10 Pro License Discount

Post by JKEerie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:24 pm

I actually had a difficult time searching through their community forum to find anyone who talked about this issue. In the threads...no one actually posted the resolution. Just advising to contact tech support. Webroot puts out emails all the time. They could have easily put an FYI in their emails, or posted something prominently on their website..."Click here if you have Windows 7."

Webroot has been preaching about the end of Windows 7 support, trying to get folks to move on to Windows 10. Unfortunately that is not as straight forward as you'd like. There are driver issues, and with laptop owners it's harder since the laptop manufacturers tweak the drivers to suit the laptop configuration. Asus hasn't upgraded drivers on my Windows 7 laptop since 2011. I tried upgrading a few drivers via component websites only to have to roll them back for incompatibility (especially critical with the graphics driver and AMD.) I told the Webroot tech that this afternoon and he didn't disagree.

But I agree with you, Drac. It would not have been difficult for Webroot to let their customers know.

BTW...if I haven't told you lately...I greatly appreciate you and your contribution not only to this website, but the able assistance you provide many of us on technical issues. Cheers to you, lady!!!! :cheers

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Well, thank you! I mostly work with older people tweaking settings or helping them with basics or setting up a new computer. But it's something they can't get anywhere else and my "fee" of a bottle of wine is pretty cheap!

Building that gaming desktop with my 15 year old grandson was pretty fun last spring too!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:44 am

Tony, the tech that discovered the Webroot issue, told me "You know just enough to be dangerous." He's got that right!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:24 pm

My friend Kim says that about herself too!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.