do i need Apple application support?

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

do i need Apple application support?

Postby mbday630 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:49 am

My DIL used my computer the other day and now my computer acts different. I went to control panel and looked at my programs and there is an Apple application support, an apple software update, and apple mobile device support. she used my computer to hook up her new phone and try to sync her old phone to her new phone. do I need these things on my computer? should I delete them?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: do i need Apple application support?

Postby draclvr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I would definitely uninstall them - don't delete, uninstall.

How is your computer acting differently?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 am

I shouldn't say it is acting differently, it looks different. My home page icon is on the left now and different and I have tried moving them around but it won't budge. also, I have an itunes icon on it and and sometimes randomly it will start playing songs. so, I do have the revo uninstaller - should I uninstall all those things?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:20 am

Ah, you must be using Firefox! They updated it to the latest version called Quantum. That's why that look different. Where is this iTunes icon? On the desktop?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:37 am

ah, so Firefox is the culprit. I thought it was something that she did. yes, the itunes was on the desktop but I deleted the desktop icon and I think I should uninstall that. I don't use that.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 am

Yes, deleting the desktop icon just removes the shortcut, not the program itself. You should definitely uninstall the program.

Return to “Technical Help”