How is Everyone Coping?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Re: How is Everyone Coping?

Post by JKEerie » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:00 pm

Sounds like a plan, Drac. :D

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:38 am

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:09 pm

Oh, that was just excellent, JK!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Scroll down and watch some of the videos with the kids..especially the little girl and the "yip ick'" Priceless!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:25 pm

I will do that!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:25 am

In our town, they are having a "Bear Hunt." People put stuffed bears in their windows and parents drive around with their kids to see how many bears they can spot. It seems to be cropping up everywhere! A great way to get out with your kids and still not interact with anyone. My friend Kim took a picture of her cat sitting next to the bear looking out the window and posted, "Cheddar sightings may be variable."

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:36 am

We're doing that in our subdivision, Drac. I have two bears in my front windows. Yesterday, since the temps were in the 60's, folks were out with their kids. I was in my study and when I saw them looking at the windows with the little ones, I would pick up my bear and make her dance. The little ones loved it, laughing and waving! The parents did as well!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 pm

I love that!

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Post by Kickaha » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:43 pm

I like that Bear Hunt idea!

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:31 pm

This is an incredibly informative video about staying safe without being paranoid: https://vimeo.com/399733860

Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by Phlebas » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:05 am

I've heard of the bear hunt thing, but I think in our house a bear left on a windowsill would be rescued too quickly! We do have a rainbow in our window though (made by Esther with Sarah's help), that's the other thing people are doing - we took a walk round the block on Saturday for our allowed exercise, and spotted half a dozen or so.

Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by Stella » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:32 pm

We're hanging Easter eggs in trees and bushes, for the kids to count. :bunny

Oh no... Our school has just been closed until May 1st!

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:27 pm

What a lovely idea with the Easter Eggs!
As to the schools...count yourself lucky. I really think the best thing that can happen is for the whole country to just shut down until we stop seeing community spread. If you watch the video I posted above, the doctor in it says that Covid19 is hard to get. The folks that are getting it have mostly had prolonged contact with people that are infected or have touched something that has the virus and then touched their faces e.g shaking someone's hand who is infected. We've lost a lot of time since the virus first showed up in China. What happens next is critical. Many governors are being proactive now in keeping their states shut down. Up to this point they have mainly been reactive. So I applaud those that are telling their folks to just stay home and hunker down. It's the only way we can get ahead of this thing.

So...get back to hanging those eggs and don't fret. The kids will be alright.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:24 pm

Well said, JKEerie. My fat butt is staying right here until at least the end of April and maybe even beyond. I even order some paint samples from Magnolia today so I don't have to go out to buy it. A friend said Lowes was awful - crowded and no one caring about social distancing. No thank you!

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:45 pm

Drac...I saw an article on line that folks are using the open stores (Home Depot and Lowes) for socializing. Stupid. The video tells you, you don’t need to be paranoid. You just need to be smart and disciplined. You basically have to assume that the person you’re standing next to, may have the virus. So…don’t stand next to them. Keep your distance. I can still talk to my neighbors…but from across the street. I can still talk to my family…but on the phone. If I go out to get groceries…I need to be careful with my hands. Keep them to myself as much as possible and as soon as I can, I need to wash them and wipe down those groceries and anything they came in touch with. Then I need to wash my hands again. All of those little things are simple… but you need to be disciplined.

I also have to remember…I studied viruses at Penn State. It was part of my masters thesis which I never got to finish due to Air Force obligations. I know they are obligatory parasites…but because of that, they will always be “looking” for opportunities to find a host. You can never let your guard down. They’re not “smart” just opportunistic…sort of like Trump. You just have to understand that…and you be the smart one.

Who ever thought we'd be more concerned with actual viruses than those on our computers. I did the same thing to replace a leaky kitchen faucet. Ordered it online from Home Depot. I did have a handyman in to install it...but we maintained our social distance and I washed everything down when he left. Nothing personal.

What are you looking to paint?