Merry Christmas To All

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Merry Christmas To All

Post by StarLite » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:24 am

Well it's that time of year again folks. It's going to be a bit of a busy week for me. A lot of baking and cooking, good thing hubby likes to help. So I just want to wish everyone a very Merry and Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year. I'm hoping that next year I'll be sending you Christmas wishes from my new country home. Take care and enjoy this beautiful time of the year. :santa:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Re: Merry Christmas To All

Post by JKEerie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:37 am

And Merry Christmas to you, Starlite! Sounds like you're going to be busy. Just like you like it! I'm pretty much set for this year. The halls are all decked. Cards have been sent. I have 15 people coming for a buffet on Christmas Eve, so I won't start my cooking until Monday. In the meantime, I'll be watching football and playing some games!

Hope all goes well with your move to your new country home and that you have a most blessed New Year!

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:46 am

Thank you, Starlite! I'm also pretty much set for the holidays. Main thing is always to get the packages for the Colorado grandkids sent off in time! They are getting older, so it's getting harder every year to find something for them! Granddaughter Anna Lucy is 18 and she got a nifty Surface Book for her birthday in October and Christmas. They had deeply discounted last years models, so she got a really high end one which she loves. Frank is 15 and he got a bunch of Razer chroma peripherals for the gaming computer he and I built last spring. Elsa is 13 and wanted some Lion King hoodies and I got her a WiFi digital microscope you can use with a cell phone or a laptop. Grandma had fun playing with it before I wrapped it up!

Love the idea of a Christmas Eve buffet, JK! Next year you will be cooking and celebrating in your nice quiet country home, Starlite!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone here at MM. I have been really busy lately, babysitting in Florida for my daughter. After the holidays, I will probably go back there. Life is busy for her with a 2 year old and a baby. This will be our first Christmas at my son's house - we do it on Christmas eve. They have lots of the games that the other kids like to play (we just have an old playstation and an old tv downstairs) and they decorate their house - which I never do. But, I will be bringing my jello salad, the green bean casserole and make those peanut hershey kiss cookies that everyone loves. It will be nice not to have to clean up after 20 people! On Christmas day I am hoping to visit my mother in her assisted living center and bring her some candy and crossword puzzle books. That will be it for my holidays. oh, and for my secret Santa gift, I got a DNA kit. I hope that goes over well. We play the game that you can steal another person's gift so I am wondering if my gift will be the last to get picked or not. If nobody wants it, I am wanting to find out what my ancestry is.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:13 pm

That's a GREAT gift! I did it last spring and it was so interesting. I was able to find a lot of my Norwegian ancestors and even the towns they came from in Norway. Someone had even posted pictures of my great-grandmother Sina when she was a little girl before she immigrated to the US. I spent weeks going through it all!

My husband was always told he was 100% German! But the DNA test popped a small amount of ancestry from Wales. Need to do a little more digging to find out more about it. So, he was only about 99% German!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for the lovely card Starlite! I am all 'shopped' out and plan not to go anywhere near the stores until after Christmas! Holding thumbs I have not forgotten anything. :)
My tree looks wonderful in my new place - much brighter and fuller than before where it was kind of squashed in a corner. Will start my cooking on Christmas Eve as we celebrate lunch on Christmas Day by the pool at my son's place.
I just love Christmas and love the idea that it starts earlier these days because it is over so quickly!!! :)

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:36 pm

I would love to see a picture of your Christmas tree, Val!

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:13 am

Will try! What is the upload limit size for attachments?

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:59 am

I tried to post a picture with a photo that was 404 kb and it was too large. Resized it to medium which was 280 kb and it was still too large. Resized it to small which was 138 kb and then it was OK.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:11 am

Have reduced the photo in size so much that one will need a magnifying glass to see anything so have given up. You will have to take my word for it, Drac!! :)
Have a wonderful Christmas and hope 2020 will be a good one. :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:17 am

Even if you reduce the pixels, it will show up in a viewable size here. What are you using to resize?

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:57 am

The right click edit button into Paint. But cannot seem to reduce the size on the disc according to the Properties search. Have never battled like this before. Doubt now whether I can salvage this after all the amendments. Will take a new photo before Christmas ends and see whether I can achieve this goal.

In the meantime this photo of my granddaughter, Rach, was taken the other evening at the annual Uncle Paul's Christmas Party. This is held every year on a wine farm up on the mountain slopes of Table Mountain and they all get there via tractor rides on bales of hay. Hay of course is the weapon of choice during the evening festivities ie throwing it everywhere and at all and sundry. During the course of the evening a 'Boys Brigade' (?) band come through and the kids get a chance to try out all the instruments. What started with just boys has evolved into all age/all gender band but they are great fun.
As the evening gets darker so it becomes more magical with all sorts of activities and eventually TinkerBelle ascending through the treetops (via a series of sparklers) and then Santa who eventually gives out toys to the kids. All the kids invited bring along good toys of their own to add to the pile going to less fortunate. It is run by a branch of the Lions Club International. My kids went when they were eligible way back when and now their kids are going so it brings back so many memories to all of us.
Rach 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:17 am

What a great tradition! I've never heard of the "Uncle Paul's Christmas Party!"

I've used this resizer since XP! It works perfectly on Windows 10.

https://filehippo.com/download_image_re ... r_windows/

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:27 am

Val, that party sounds like so much fun! I bet the kids think that it is magical. What a great thing to do.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:53 am

It certainly seems like magic for them. They get an invite from Santa through the post even! Will never forget my kids excitement and now my grandkids excitement! They have been doing it for so long now - generations have been enthralled.
Thanks for the link Drac - will check it out.
Merry Christmas everyone!!! ♥