Spoof Amazon email

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Spoof Amazon email

Post by LadyKestrel » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:09 pm

I got my second spoof email today telling me that there are several problems with my account on Amazon. I went directly to the website and chatted with customer service to find out if there was anything they wanted to do with it. The person I spoke to said I should attach it to another email and send it to stop-spoofing@amazon.com, but I can't make an attachment from my email account. Should I just forward it?
Not only did I fall off the diet wagon, I dragged it into the woods, set it on fire, and used the insurance money to buy cupcakes.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Re: Spoof Amazon email

Post by JKEerie » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:55 pm

What email are you using? Some programs allow you to attach en email as an "item." I would think if you forward it, with a note explaining it, that would work just as well.

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:22 pm

I usually just forward, since I've already opened up the email.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:28 am

After getting my forwarded email back, I realized I forgot the hyphen between stop and spoofing. All's well now and I got a reply thanking me and warning me not to click on the link in the email.

By the way, it took me a couple of beats to recognize you here, Drac. Is that your cat posing as a tree decoration? :santa:
Not only did I fall off the diet wagon, I dragged it into the woods, set it on fire, and used the insurance money to buy cupcakes.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:40 am

It is indeed! A picture from about 2007 when she was just a year old. Although she's 13 now and has some issues, she's not too old to climb into the tree and knock all the ornaments off! I count 8 of them on the floor in both the living and dining rooms! I put them back and she just takes them off again!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:17 pm

Heh. That reminds me of a t-shirt I saw: We know the world isn't flat because cats would have knocked everything off it by now. :)

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:31 pm

Now, that's excellent! And quite appropriate. It's why I only have unbreakable ornaments!