Deep Discounts on Office and Windows 10 Pro

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Deep Discounts on Office and Windows 10 Pro

Post by draclvr » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 am

If you've been holding back on purchasing these products, Windows Chimp has them deeply discounted. These are downloads only with activation codes. I broke down and got the full Office as I've been wanting to move to Outlook for an email client for a long time. I've purchased two Windows 10 Pro downloads from them.

71% off Microsoft Office 2019 Pro Plus - Pay only $125 now and you'll be set for life. Retail cost of the package is $439 but you can grab a huge discount for a limited time. This is a multilingual version which can be activated worldwide.
MS Office Home and Students 2019 for $89.99 - If you do not need all the products included in Professional package, this suite is for you. Get the essential Office products at budget price.
Windows 10 Pro at $79.99 - FYI, Windows 7 is nearing End of Life in 60 days. Better upgrade to Windows 10 now at best price. Applicable for upgrade from Windows 8.1 as well as Windows 10 Home.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Re: Deep Discounts on Office and Windows 10 Pro

Post by JKEerie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:14 am

These will be great with my new laptop. I have Office 2007 on my Windows 7 laptop. I use Excel, Word and Outlook routinely. I don't think 2007 has been tested with Windows 10.
My new laptop will come with Windows 10 Home installed. What are the advantages, Drac, of upgrading to Pro?

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:57 am

Really, no advantage to upgrading to Pro. It will add Bitlocker and a few other things and that's it. Office 2007 reached end of support a couple of years ago. It will probably still work on Windows 10, but since it's so outdated and no longer supported, a current version might be a good idea. The Office 2019 is a lifetime license with no "subscription" fees. And it's the full Office Suite.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:02 am

Thanks, Drac. I had read that Pro only offers more security features that would be good if run in a professional environment, but I wanted your take because I know you and respect your opinion. I'll definitely spill for the Office Suite. Another price that cannot be beat for a product I already use a lot!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:07 am

Well, good time then for posting this! And I've used this seller several times. I like his newsletters too. I'm still using the old Office Home and Student 2010 which is also at end of support. Plus, I've wanted to move to Outlook for my email client too. I just didn't want to pay over $300 for it! I'm still using the old Windows Live Mail from WAY back when!

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:16 am

You'll love Outlook. I got so used to using it at work I had to keep using it. It's got so many nice features besides the emails...calendar, to do list, reminders, etc.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:33 pm

I am definitely loving it. The old Live Mail had those things too, but this is just better! The deal is over today, so don't wait!

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 pm

Glad you're enjoying Outlook. Already purchased the Microsoft office. As it turns out, my laptop came with it already installed, so I just needed the key code to get it activated!

The laptop arrived late this afternoon, so I've been playing with it to the detriment of things like dinner, etc. It's taking some to get used to. First, I needed to use a mouse instead of the touchpad. I've never liked using one. In fact, I've ordered a second wireless mouse as well as an external CD drive, that should be here on Friday. I've installed my printer and scanner, my Webroot Secure anywhere and password manager, and moved a few documents over from my other Asus.

The laptop came with this small external accessory that looks like it might plug in somewhere. Since there was a part number, I looked it up online and it is apparently an HDD connector cable. I guess it's used if I want to add an additional HDD drive.

Windows 10 is certainly has a faster bootup than Windows 7. It's been a game trying to figure out where to access things, since there are so few icons. I almost had to PM you for info on how to see my other laptop on my network, but I finally figured it out by clicking on the little file icon on the taskbar. Everything is so compact. I do like Microsoft Edge for searching the Web, but I had to change to my yahoo homepage. (MSN used to have major customization ability, but they got rid of that years ago, so I switched to Yahoo.)

I will likely use this new toy for playing newer games and playing on the web. I'll continue to use my Windows 7 Asus for emails, business stuff, etc...really because I like the keyboard and numeric keypad better.

I'll play more tomorrow.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:32 pm

Oh, no, my dear! It's that super speedy solid state drive that boots up so quickly! Windows 10 is lots more nimble than Windows 7 which was really quite clunky, but you are going to rapidly find you will not want to live without an SSD again! I hate both the MSN and the Yahoo home pages. I use Bing.com. They have amazing wallpapers every day and the news etc. is compact down at the bottom with only headlines if that's what I choose. Check it out and see what you think.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:30 am

Oh...it's the SSD! I guess that makes more sense.
I looked at Bing, but I can customize My Yahoo so I have all the info I want sectioned off in different parts of the page, plus I can set a theme background.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:18 am

I just like the different wallpapers every day at Bing. Some of them are stunning. I downloaded this one from last week to use as my desktop background. So, what's going to be the first game you play?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:08 am

I have the new Nancy Drew on order...which I will play out of order, since I have 3 unplayed still. That game has just been released today. I ordered a physical copy from HerInteractive so I'll need to have my new external drive to load it. Game will probably not get here until next week anyway. So...I may download the new Mystery Case Files from Big Fish. I have it on my Windows 7 machine,but I haven't started it as yet.

I have so many games that I have not touched as yet. I need to start playing again.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 am

Let me know what you think of the new Mystery Case Files... I've been tempted, but was disappointed in the last couple of them.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:42 pm

I finally started the game today. Only got through the first two chapters. Thus far I'm enjoying it. The usual great graphics and voice acting. HO scenes are not easy. Puzzles not bad. I did have to skip one portion of a puzzle as you had to slide these moons along paths and I couldn't get them to move along easily with the mouse. Fortunately I could skip just that part. Plot is interesting. Felt good to be playing again.

Colors and sound on my new laptop are outstanding.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:20 am

Maybe start a new post over in the Games Discussion forum about the games! Especially about the Mystery Case Files and Nancy Drew game. I've read virtually nothing buy bad reviews of HeRInteractive, the new game, the game not running on computers that meet the specs, refusal to give refunds and people simply not receiving their hard copies.