Packing Chaos

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Packing Chaos

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:12 pm

I bet Val can relate to this. My house is in absolute chaos - Drac calls it a disaster - I call it progress ha ha.

https://www.facebook.com/rozanne.bingle ... 338785611/

I had a visit from the Removals Boss yesterday and what a good job that I decided to start packing early. He is coming to pick the first lot of "stuff" up at the beginning of May. He cant get his huge lorry onto my property because of the narrow road outside, so he is having to do it in shifts with smaller lorries - Oh lordy - bring it on - he envisages that I need 5 of his smaller lorries lol. But even so, I am quite happy with his quote!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Packing Chaos

Postby draclvr » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:03 pm

At least this move can all be done with local ferries and trucks, right? I have a feeling you are going to love having enough room to spread out a bit with all your things!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Heh. If I didn't know you were packing, I'd think you were a candidate for the tv show called Hoarders, RB. :D It is good that you started early. When the first lorry clears out, you should have enough room to turn around and stack more boxes. :wink:
We lose ourselves in books and games. We find ourselves there, too.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Oh goodness yes. It does look like I am a hoarder!! I don’t think I could live like this all the time.
Boobie
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed May 01, 2019 12:59 pm

Removals - Part One - took place yesterday. They took all my packed boxes and most of my furniture - doggies are not happy ha ha - house is very empty - oh Drac, how I miss my kitchen island unit already!

Kitchen.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed May 01, 2019 1:18 pm

It looks like they did a good job so far, RB. Let's hope the next phase goes well, too. Your pups are probably thinking about the last time this happened, but they'll be so happy when they finally get into their lovely forever home, as will their mama.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed May 01, 2019 1:58 pm

I know I would be lost without my island! Of course, it's covered with Dave's junk right now!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Thu May 02, 2019 12:18 am

May the force be with you, RB! You will certainly need it! Happy days ahead though and that makes it all worth while. :)
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu May 02, 2019 12:30 pm

They did a very very professional job, as I knew they would - the two guys spent most of the day here, filling up two vans, albeit a shorter working day as they had to work around the ferry sailings. I am so very pleased to see all the boxes that Tanya and I packed disappear - It's now only 25 days to when I leave here.

The owners of my new house have just sent me photos of the garden coming to life - I cant wait to have a garden again and to be able to grow some nice flowers and shrubs, seeing as not much grows here. I dread to think what my two doggies are going to do to the pristine half acre building plot as they are just so used to digging up their present field - watch this space!. There is some rough ground at the back of the house - not mine - that I might ask if I can buy from the farmer as he doesnt seem to ever use it - something for them to dig and hunt in - because I know that they are going to really miss their field here.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu May 02, 2019 2:29 pm

The things we do for our pups! I am so looking forward to getting back out in my gardens... we've had almost 6 inches of rain here in the last 24 hours, so it may be awhile. Lots of flooding expected.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri May 31, 2019 12:15 pm

I'm wondering how things are going with the move. Here's hoping no news is good news regarding the transition.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri May 31, 2019 12:24 pm

Hopefully, we will hear from RB soon! She and the pups are already in Rogart staying in a cottage for several days until the closing happens this week.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:05 am

I'm sure it can't come soon enough for her, but at least she's in her soon-to-be home town.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 pm

Hope she feels more settled soon!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Sorry I havent been here for a while, but as you can imagine, life has been a bit manic for us. We feel like nomads - my doggies are so confused as we will have had 4 different residences in the last 10 days, but the end is near.

Last Monday we left our Sanday home, and set sail on two ferries and a 3 hour drive to get to our rented cottage in Dornoch, a lovely town right next to Rogart, and a very cosy cottage it is too.

The Vendors messaged me in the middle of the night to say that they had now left Greenbanks, and I picked up the keys today at 8 a.m.

We have had a bit of a fiasco with the purchase funds etc but everything came good in the end.

The removal van is due tomorrow at around 11.30 and once they have all gone, I will scoot back to Dornoch to pick up the doggies. I just cant wait to show them their new home - I think they are going to love it.

Oh, and when I picked up the keys this morning, there was a lovely surprise for me on the kitchen worktop!

Champers.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”