At long last - Alaska photos!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

At long last - Alaska photos!

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:33 am

Sorry, folks, that I have been so very tardy in posting my Alaska Cruise photos. The problem was I had them all set up in a special folder, and then my hard drive failed - so I lost everything! So I had to start the project all over again. I have split the album into 3, Mammals, Birds and Scenery and you can view them from my Snapfish account. They are best seen as a slideshow, and then you see the photos in all their glory in full screen. Some are mine, but many of them were taken by the tour guide who was a truly magnificent photographer and general all-round lovely guy - he and the Cruise staff really made this holiday a memorable one. Look and enjoy!

https://www.snapfish.co.uk/2/share?via= ... 0/SNAPFISH

Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: At long last - Alaska photos!

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Yippee! I will have some time later this afternoon to leisurely browse your pictures. The previews on your FB page look wonderful!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks for sharing RB -I would really love to see that wonderful scenery for myself!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Those are simply gorgeous photos, RB! I especially love the ones of the birds.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Absolutely beautiful photos, Rosy! They look professional!! Well done!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:05 am

Lovely photos RB! They brought back memories of my Canadian trip. Fabulous part of the world.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 am

Beautiful!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:43 am

They are really beautiful! Now I want to go to Alaska.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:58 am

Well, it's not so far for you mbday, as it was for me to travel! I would recommend this trip to everyone - and the time of year was just perfect with endless sunny days, expect for one miserable day at the start of our tour when it rained incessantly. That would be the day we visited the Mud Flats in the noisy Air Boat - the tour guide said keep moving or you will get stuck in the mud - believe me, I now know what quicksand is like and how dangerous it can be - and yes, I did keep moving, but guess who got their heels stuck in the mud and fell flat on her face, left totally mud splattered - I just wish someone had taken a photo - that would have been just SO funny to see on camera. And then it was about 4 p.m. and we were due to leave this awful desolate place and what happened next? The poor man could not start his Air Boat up, he tried for ages, and I could see us spending the night out on the Mud Flats with no cover! Luckily someone got a very weak mobile signal all the way out there, and we were rescued after about 2 hours, just as it was getting dark - certainly an adventure I will never forget and I will never ever visit Mud Flats again ha ha.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:57 am

What an adventure, RB! As if simply going to Alaska wasn't enough!

I've been wondering how the cruise part itself went as there were so few of you on a very tiny boat. And how was the food? And did you get bored?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:21 am

Bored? You must be joking lol! I never got to play with my MS Surface once on the actual cruise. Every morning and afternoon we would "dock" and go on a nature ramble - and then there was breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner to fit in - just a very small galley in which to prepare all of the wonderful food, which galley was on display as it was virtually part of our lounge seating area - the food was fantastic - I dont eat red meat so they catered for me just fine with more of the chicken and salmon dishes etc - fresh bread and bread rolls were made daily, as was a soup and desserts - coffee pot was on continually - even the sharing of our tiny cabin was fine - me and my sleeping partner gave each other space and made ourselves scarce to dress etc and we were given the biggest cabin anyway

The boat consisted of all professional people, i.e. doctors, vets, accountants etc - but I have to tell you that they had the worst table manners I have ever seen - and the amount of food they all consumed was phenomenal ha ha.

Now, I have to ask you a question Drac - why do Americans put sugar in almost everything they make? Even the bread and the sausages were sweet - and as for the desserts, they were simply laden with sugar - not a dessert person myself - but even those who were found most of these desserts far too sweet for their taste.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:05 am

The Germans wonder the same thing about us and sugar! However, I'm surprised about the bread... our regular bread is not sweet at all. And sausages that are sweet? Never heard of such a thing! But, yes, our desserts are really sweet compared to what Europeans are used to. I am not much of a sweet eater, so you won't find much that is sugary around here.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:07 pm

I am glad that I am not the only one to comment about the sweet food. Yes, sweet sausages - they were saturated inside with honey, would you believe. And goodness knows why they made the bread sweet also - I have no idea what she put in the the bread mix to make it taste so sweet. I only buy sugar when I know a trademan is coming to do some work here!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Yuck... the idea of a sweet sausage is just yucky to me! I'm used to either savory or spicey.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:30 pm

We tried some beef sausages the other night. Never again.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”