Paradise Lost!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Paradise Lost!

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 am

Hi fellow Manorites - I am really sorry I have been AWOL from here for so long but I have had lots of big decisions to make in my life just recently.

As you all know, I moved to Sanday in Orkney exactly 7 years ago and to me, at that time, it was Paradise on earth. But times change, don't they, and unfortunately so much has changed here for the worst that I decided at Christmas-time it was time to stop whingeing, and to do something about it. And so I decided it was time to move - something I honestly never contemplated at my tender age of 71 - I can even remember telling my poor well-travelled doggies at that time that we would never move again. I have now learned that you can never say never lol! This huge decision at first made me very very sad, but I decided at Christmas that myself and my doggies would go on our first ever holiday together, and so I booked a lovely little cottage in the Scottish Highlands for two months from the beginning of February in order to go house-hunting. One of my friends had found a lovely cottage for sale in Rogart, and so I started to do a lot of research on this small village in the Scottish Highlands. The more I learned about it, the more I liked this area and in fact when I moved into this rental cottage, I felt very comfy and at home in this small and welcoming community. Unfortunately by the time I arrived here, that particular cottage had already been sold.

Just before I left for my holiday here, someone on Facebook posted that they were coming to Sanday the following week to look at properties for sale, I messaged him, they came to view at which point I told them I wanted a quick exit from here and was prepared to reduce the price accordingly. They came to view the cottage twice and then told me they would love to buy it, so in fact my property never even went on the market, and I saved on Estate Agents fees! What good timing this was, just before I was about to depart to go house hunting. I am a great believer in Fate - this was meant to be.

I looked at many many properties in all areas of the Scottish Highlands, but I didnt find one that ticked all the boxes or which cried out to me that it should be mine. I then started to re-look at all the available properties in Rogart, and when I walked into this particular house, I knew it was for me. Unfortunately, although my offer has been accepted, the seller's solicitor seems to be dragging his feet re the legal paperwork, but I am confident we will get there eventually. My dogs are going to adore this new house because they will be able to be nosey and look out, there being so much glass.

Hare are some photos - I hope the link works - you should not have to create an account on Snapfish to view them - https://www.snapfish.co.uk/share?via=li ... 0/SNAPFISH
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Paradise Lost!

Postby draclvr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:39 am

And I've been DYING here holding my tongue. I am in love with RB's new home and the more looking I do, the surrounding area is just wonderful. I'm going to add some of the reasons I'm so excited for her - a veterinarian is only 5 minutes away; there is a train station to take her many places at a whim; shopping in Inverness is only 30 minutes away.; her WiFi is really good.. I could go on, but for me, I would also have to add - no more ferries!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am

Hey Rb - here am I about to downscale and you are definitely upscaling!!! Don't get lost in that mansion now!! Seriously it looks a beautiful house - I hope the legalities finalise quickly and that you will be immensely happy in your new home. ♥
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:21 am

I think it's the perfect size for her, her doggies and the occasional guest!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am

OMG! Rosy!!!! That home is beautiful!! It's huge, though! Lots of space for your dogs to roam around...inside and out. Also lots of space for house guests! I think living there will be much easier on you than Sanday. Hope the paperwork gets done quickly and that your move goes smooth as silk!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

That looks like a wonderful place, RB! Fingers crossed that the transition goes smoothly for you! Did you move your furniture to your rental or is it in storage?
I'm awake. I'm just resting my eyes.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:21 am

That is absolutely beautiful! Your fur babies will love looking outside from all those windows. Maybe you should invest in windex? That is one heck of a lot of windows! I am so happy for you. This will be so much easier than taking the ferry every time you needed to go shopping. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out smoothly!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:17 pm

LK, this is just a holiday rental I have for two months just to go house hunting. I have to be out of my Orkney cottage by 28th May, and hopefully in my new house on 3rd June - I am still on holiday in the Scottish holidays until the end of the month - when I get home, I have just 8 weeks to pack up my home - eek!!
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Oh, I understand now. For some reason I thought you had moved out already. Moving is tough, but I remember the obstacles you overcame when you moved from Kenya. Hopefully, this will be a lot easier. :gl
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 am

LK, it will be a piece of cake compared to moving from Kenya lol!

Like Drac pointed out to me, this new house reminds us so much of my lovely house in Kenya, albeit in a much safer area!
Boobie
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

I hope your moving goes well RB and you are really happy in your new abode! Well done on making this decision.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:17 am

Just to give you a little taster of what my new surroundings look like, here is a little video of my area, but in fact the scenery is magnificent throughout the whole Scottish Highlands.

https://vimeo.com/236029558?fbclid=IwAR ... iCoHvSPLL8
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:04 am

I have watched this video twice now! Just beautiful. I think my favorite though - aside from that beautiful home! - is the train. To just be able to get on and go places sounds heavenly... I told Rosaboobie I thought this is more like Paradise Found!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:46 am

The area is definitely gorgeous!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Lovely area. Rosy...you've made a brilliant decision! All the best in your new home!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”