Christmas traditions

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Christmas traditions

Postby draclvr » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:50 am

Oh, I'm melting! Just adorable, Skeeter! Looks like you had a very Merry Christmas!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:20 pm

Your Santa baby is definitely huggable, Skeeter! That's a terrific photo!

I love your Christmas lights, RB! You went all out this year.

JK, your treasure hunt sounds like great fun, and you seem to have done it up right, too.

My cousin had her usual wonderful spread for the family on Christmas Eve. There were fewer of us than in past years because my cousins' kids are growing up and going their own ways, but we still had a good time. Christmas Day was very laid back. My sister and I exchanged presents and listened to Christmas music, and watched It's a Wonderful Life. I really didn't decorate much this year - just my tabletop tree and a few small decorations scattered around. I'm not having any company, so I decided that low key was best. I had started making my Christmas cards but had a severe allergic reaction to one of the eye drops I was taking for my glaucoma. Because my eyes were tearing so much, I had difficulty doing any close work, including reading. It has cleared up now, so I'll just make up my cards for next December.
Sometimes I think I really have my life together, and then I realize my underwear is inside out.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 am

Glad to hear everyone had a nice Christmas. Skeeter...that baby is a keeper!
That' s one movie I did miss watching this year, Lady K...It's a Wonderful Life. Mom and I watched it every year, but this year is fell at awkward times on the networks, so I didn't watch. As to your Christmas cards, you could always wish folks a Happy New Year! Nothing says they can only be sent for Christmas! Glad to hear your eye issues are better.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:55 pm

Thanks everyone, he's pretty cute I think ;) Rosa, those lights are cool! I am regretting putting out every christmas decoration I own, as now I am putting them away and it's too much hard work :sad2:
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”