Let There be Light

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Let There be Light

Postby Stella » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 am

Now everyone knows that when purchasing a battery operated gizmo, you need to check the box to see if it says batteries included or optional, right?

I'm babysitting my sons 2 dogs. Letting them out first thing in the morning has become quite a chore. It's dark and they take off at full speed, eventually showing up when they feel like it. Off I go to the store for some kind of tie out chain, and a flashlight, so I can see what I'm doing. Another lady around my age sees me holding this stuff and looking at the flashlights. She comes over to show me the different flashlights they have. Her favorite she says, has a s. o. s. flashing light, she demonstrates, a forward light, she demonstrates, and a light that shines downward, she demonstrates, so you can see where your walking. So simple to use, just click, click, click. Oh boy, this is the flashlight for me. Right beside the flashlights they have batteries on sale. We check the flashlight box and nowhere on the box does it say batteries included or optional. We look and look and look. We check other boxes, nada. We take the flashlight apart and it has batteries in it. We push the button and both remember at the same time that we have been watching it light all along! We laugh so hard we have to sit down on the bottom shelf. People come to see what is wrong with us. I say I can never shop there again, to embarrassed. They say, come back often, this was loads of fun.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Let There be Light

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:04 am

I'm glad I was sitting down already! I laughed too! At least you had a compatriot in your embarrassment!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:33 am

That is so funny, Stella! It's like looking for your car keys while you're holding them in your hand.

I remember a time when I was in the Air Force. There were reports that needed to be written on a monthly basis. One day, I tore up my office franctically looking for this report. Scattered stuff from files and drawers all to no avail. Finally, the civilian lab tech that worked for us said: "Captain, are you sure you even wrote it?" I stopped dead in my tracks, gave her a blank stare, then sat down and proceeded to actually write the report, as I realized her question was quite valid! We both had a good laugh after that.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:23 pm

That is hilarious! I'm laughing right now.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:19 pm

Funny story Stella! :D
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:51 am

Hee!

(Halloween version of the ending: THERE WERE NO BATTERIES IN THERE)

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”