Stress Levels on the Ceiling Now!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Stress Levels on the Ceiling Now!

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Diat - we have our own separate laws in Jersey, and no way does it follow the U.K. legal system - we have a completely separate legal system in the Channel Islands which stems from Norman French, but thanks a lot for looking into this for me. Well I did indeed contact Citizens Advice Bureau in Jersey today, and hopefully they will try and help me with this outstanding amount. I asked them if they themselves could contact Social Services on my behalf, and this afternoon they sent me an authorisation form which I signed, instructing them to act on my behalf in this matter, so fingers crossed they come up trumps for me. I also emailed the lawyer who drew up the POA but no response so far, and probably wont get one if they still need £5,000 up front before they will act lol!

On the brigher side, thanks to Drac, my India Visa has been granted - whoop whoop!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:29 pm

"Be anxious for nothing," Rosy. Things are looking up already!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 pm

I looked at the POA rules at the UK gov site too, Diat. I also could not find a single reference to the POA have to use their personal finances to pay your mother's debts. It only says you can use HER money to pay HER debts. Nowhere does it say, you must use YOUR money to pay Her debts.

I still say they are trying to intimidate you and blow smoke up your arse and hope you will give in.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:35 pm

It’s a shame that care homes are run just to make money, not to take care - and some care homes are less caring than others.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Geez , sure hope they can take care of this for you and get the home off your butt!
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Speaking of stress levels, can I assume your property in northern CA is safe from the wildfires?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”