Kristi from credit card services

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Kristi from credit card services

Postby Diat60 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:56 am

RB, how does that work? Do you have to input each scam number manually?
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 am

I'm an idiot, I've just had another look at our phone and realized it also has a "call block" feature. I'd actually used this feature a couple of years ago but had totally forgotten about it until reading this thread. I've just had a few happy minutes blocking 7 or 8 numbers on my Caller list. Blame old age!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:13 am

I'm sure the spammers will keep you busy with new numbers to block!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 am

Are you registered with TPS, Boobie? That doesn't cut out all the nasties (if someone's calling to commit an actual crime, breaking industry guidelines is unlikely to bother them) but reduced them a lot for me.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Yes I am registered with TPS, Phlebas, but to be honest my nuisance calls have increased since then ha ha. A lot of the "numbers" appearing on my phone menu seem to emanate from Skype.

And no, I dont have to key in any of these numbers - they are all automatically blocked. What happens is these nuisance calls always ring without leaving a message, so they are instantly blocked and like I say, the phone does not even ring. If someone leaves a message on my ansaphone, then these numbers are not blocked but each caller has to "announce" themselves, if they are not in my designated list of phone numbers in my phone menu. A brilliant phone and one of my better buys!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:04 pm

I got a call today from "Microsoft." Told the guy "no...your not calling from Microsoft. You're some scumbag who wants me to go to some website, so you can download a bunch of crap onto my computer." He said "How do you know this? How do you know I"m not from Microsoft?" Told him "I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night. Microsoft doesn't randomly call people at home." Of course he hung up. I then went to my phone provider (Spectrum) online and found I can block calls from folks who try to disguise their number and from Robo-callers (except legitimate police, school, calls, etc). I saw the ads (Spectrum) on TV and wondered how it worked. So...hopefully, this will end a lot of the crap.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:35 pm

A friend told me she got one of those calls from the IRS today. She told him he was a scammer and to never call her number again. He proceeded to tell he was going to come over to her house and f*** her up and kill her. I told her to report it to the state attorney general's office.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”